What Should I Consider Before Applying?
- What are my specialist subjects?
- What is my main subject?
- What age groups can I teach and what ages will I teach on casual positions?
- Where is my preferred location and how far am I prepared to travel to work?
- What type of school would I like to be placed in? Think about the culture, size, location, reputation, etc.
- What practical experiences can I offer that will make me stand out? Do I have any extra curriculum skills?
- Have I got good referees? Is my resume in the correct format? Will my resume stand out among other applicants?
- What are my strengths as a teacher?
By registering with Staffing Organisation Services you will be screened and accepted by our recruitment staff. We will then become familiarised with your skills and expertise so that we are able to represent you in the most positive light adding to your chances of securing the job.
Our recruitment process includes a number of vetting checks (see below for an outline of these checks). Staffing Organisation Services will need to confirm that you are a qualified teacher, we need to have established where you would like to teach, what type of school you would like to teach in, what type of teaching job you are looking for (casual relief teaching or contract or permanent) and your availability for work. Staffing Organisation Services can then begin to offer you a choice of assignments that are best suited to your preferences. So start your application right away, click our Registration Now button.
Our Vetting Procedures
- Teachers are registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- Identification check – against a passport or photo driving licence, and where necessary sight of marriage and divorce certificates.
- Two passport size photographs are required with certified signature on the back
- Two independent referee’s or references – one from a candidate’s most recent teaching position or teaching placement
- Resume check
- Criminal records check is conducted by the VIT (Victorian Institute of Teaching as part of the requirement for registration with VIT)
- Overseas applicants – all overseas candidates must be registered with VIT before being able to teach in Victoria.